This time, we will make brio pasta alla vodka. As the name implies, it is a blend of pasta with vodka. Who would have thought that this alcoholic beverage turned out to be able to provide different flavors to the pasta? Of course, you need some special ingredients that help vodka’s presence to enhance the rich flavor of pasta.
Although it is made from Vodka, it turns out that the strong flavor doesn’t make an impression on the final result. You should learn the steps on how to make brio pasta alla vodka. Without further ado, let’s make brio pasta alla vodka.
- 500gr of Penne Pasta
- 1 cup of Absolut Vodka
- 2 Tablespoons of pure Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of Garlic, evenly chopped
- 1 full-clove Onion, minced
- 1 cup of heavily grind Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons scoop of Butter chunk
- 1 cup of Heavy Whip Cream
- 1 can of Tomato Puree (or Tomato Sauce)
- 1 pinch of Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- ½ teaspoon for both Salt and Black Pepper for seasoning
- Take large bowl and let the pasta simmer in medium heat.
- Mince the onion and garlic. Chop them until they turn into tiny grains.
- Throw in butter and olive oil in a preheated pan. Stir the mixture, then pour the onion and garlic. Give the mixture another 2-3 minutes in a medium heat.
- After 2 minutes, you can slowly pour the vodka. Give another 3 minutes to mix. When it’s done, pour the tomato puree/sauce.
- Slowly reduce the heat while pouring in the heavy cream.
- Simmer the mixture. At this point, you can also add red pepper flakes.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Add another tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and butter.
- Now, turn off the heat and take 1 or 2 cups of water. After that, drain the pasta.
- Mix it with the sauce evenly. If the mixture turns out to be too thick, you can pour the cups of water you saved earlier.
- Voila! Brio pasta alla vodka is ready to be served!
This Brio pasta alla vodka recipe is suitable for big events like picnics or gathering. The final result of vodka mixed with Tomato puree will produce a thick and delicious sauce. The recipe might look confusing to follow but this is the best Brio pasta alla vodka that ever existed.