If you are in constant need of recipe that’s practical and delicious for breakfast, just try muffin frittata recipes. Besides for breakfast, these cute little muffin cups can also be brought in gatherings and they will bring delight to those who eat them for sure. You might have found this muffin recipe several times in various sources, even your social media newsfeed. However, make sure you try this recipe at least once since nothing will be regretted from the result. These muffins surely meet the criteria of modern healthy foods: easy to find the ingredients, full of nutrition, easy to make, and almost fail proof.
Frittata itself is an egg-based dish that’s originated from Italy. The original form of frittata was cooked with the method of pan frying. However, in this recipe, the frittatas are baked in muffin tins, so they are called frittata muffins. In muffin frittata recipes, you can add or substitute ingredients as you like, just like how you make an omelet.
Short on time before going to school, college, or work? You can prepare the ingredients in evening or night before, so you will just have to prepare the egg mixture, sauté the add-ons, and bake them in the morning. The total time needed to prepare this healthy snack is less than an hour.
Are you ready to try this simple and healthy breakfast idea? Check out the recipe below and prove for yourself that the muffin frittata recipes are such a breakthrough. Happy cooking!
Ingredients of muffin tin frittata recipes
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- a half of red onion, diced
- a half of a bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 100 grams of champignons, sliced thinly
- 100 grams of chicken breast, diced
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of whole milk
- 3 tablespoons of shredded cheese
- salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Heat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius
- Coat the muffin pan with extra virgin olive oil. Make sure you use enough oil so the muffins don’t stick to the pan.
- Beat the eggs with whole milk, salt, and pepper.
- Sauté the onions until translucent and fragrant. Add in the bell peppers, champignons, and diced chicken breast. Cook until done.
- Pour a tablespoon of sautéed ingredients into each hole of muffin pan
- Pour eggs mixture to fill each hole in muffin tin until full.
- Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until set and cooked.
- After the muffins are cooked, release them from the tin and they are ready to serve.
In addition, to make this frittata muffin recipe healthy, use egg whites instead of whole eggs. You can use pretty much anything you like for the fillings of frittata muffins. Change the diced chicken with bacon, substitute champignons for broccoli, etc. However, it is not recommended to use tomatoes since it will make muffin frittata recipes feel too moist.