On this occasion, we will make Orzo or commonly called ricelike pasta. In accordance with its nickname, Ricelike Orzo pasta has a grainy texture resembling rice. Although the shape is unique, the taste is no less delicious than the usual one. This time, let’s try Orzo with basil and Parmesan cheese.
This ricelike pasta recipe is a simple and fast recipe. The maximum time you need is only 30 minutes, with simple ingredients and cooking tools. In fact, the key ingredient, the Orzo, is starting to be sold in supermarket or cookware stores.
- 1 cup of Orzo ricelike pasta, lightly rinsed
- ¼ cup of basil, shredded
- ½ cup of heavily grind Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 cup of preheated chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of another fresh basil, lightly smashed
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Take a large pan, preheat it on a medium heat, and slide the butter in it.
- When the butter is evenly melted, throw in the Orzo pasta and stir it until it turns light brown.
- After your ricelike pasta Orzo turns light brown, pour the chicken broth. Make sure you keep stirring it to mix the stock evenly.
- Lower the heat and take a piece of aluminum foil to cover the pan.
- The Orzo pasta will absorb the broth. Give it another 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, open the aluminum foil and throw in parmesan cheese and shredded basil.
- Pour the salt and pepper to your liking, and then pour the mixture into medium bowl.
- Sprinkle the other basil on the top of pasta as a garnish.
- Your Orzo pasta mixed with basil and parmesan cheese is ready to serve.
Well, you only need less than an hour to prepare and cook it. Plus, this recipe is made specifically for 4 servings. If you still feel lacking, you can double the size of this ricelike pasta and the chicken broth.
Don’t forget to always taste the pasta after adding salt and pepper. If it’s too salty, you can just divide the pasta into two parts and begin to season it again. That way, you can reduce the risk of being over-seasoned.
Orzo pasta is a delicious food and suitable for those who don’t like original pasta. You can just try cooking this ricelike pasta, and the taste is all the same!