Zucchini applesauce muffins are only an example of muffins which become one of most favorite ones for many people. Who doesn’t like muffins anyway? This baked food is very tasty. People like to have muffins since they are able to make it from various ingredients and also add some toppings based on each preference. This healthy zucchini muffins recipe is given further below for you. It is very simple to make and let’s see what you have to prepare and to do.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (or canola oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sugar
- A heavy pinch salt
- 1 egg which is extra-large ones
- 1/3 cup of applesauce, unsweetened
- ½ cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 2 cups zucchini, squeezed
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose one
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- To make zucchini applesauce muffins, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare the 12 muffin cups by spraying non-stick cooking spray. You can do it with oil.
- Prepare a large bowl and add sugar, salt, vanilla, and eggs. Later, add the applesauce, oil, and squash into the bowl and stir them.
- Prepare another bowl to mix the dry ingredients. Add baking soda, all-purpose flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg into it and mix them. Move these ingredients into the muffins mixture.
- Stir all the ingredients until just incorporated.
- Now combine them with raisins and nuts.
- The muffin batter is ready. Distribute them into the cups.
- Place them into the oven and wait until their color turn into golden brown. It needs 25 up to 30 minutes to bake the muffins.
- Once these tasty zucchini applesauce muffins are baked well, cool them down in 5 minutes.
- Remove the tin and let them cool down thoroughly.
Regarding the use of all-purpose flour, you can also use wheat flour. This will be tasty as well and give not much different result. You are not forced to use this or that. It only depends on what you have at home since as seen in the title, this muffin can be baked at home. It is good to hear if you do not need to shop a lot for the ingredients.
Since zucchini is the main ingredient for this muffin, you can call it vegan zucchini muffins with applesauce. This is highly recommended for vegans out there who try to look for another recipe to vary the food intake. As you know, sometimes you harvest many zucchini from your own garden and you have no further idea what else you can make with it. This can be the right choice.
Additionally, if you want to put topping, you can go with oats, cinnamon, and brown sugar. You must prepare ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, and also 3 tablespoons oats which are rolled. Mix them together and sprinkle it later on the muffin batter which has been placed in the cups. You will get tastier zucchini applesauce muffins.