Ina garten blueberry muffins are delicious sweet baked food to enjoy alongside coffee or tea. You can have it for morning breakfast or snack before going to bed. With blueberry, the recipe becomes healthier and suitable for diet. So, how to cook this muffin? Just read the next section for ingredient list and baking instruction.
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose or plain flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt and baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups shaken buttermilk
- 2 or 3 eggs, beaten
- Fresh blueberries (2 half-pints)
- 1/4 pound butter, melted , unsalted, and cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Prepare the large bowl.
- Put flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Mix them using spatula slowly. Add blueberry and mix again equally.
- Pour melted butter, lemon zest, eggs, and butter milk. Use spatula to stir slowly to prevent granulated form from baking soda. This process take 10 to 15 minutes then put aside.
- Prepare muffin tray and use vegetable oil on its surface.
- Spray non-stick compound or use muffing paper line.
- Add mixture into tray slowly until all places are full.
- Preheat oven then put tray into it. Keep the temperature at 350 F.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Stir to prevent sticking and wait for cooling down for moment until they are ready to serve.
This Ina garten blueberry muffins recipe is enough for 6 or 8 serving at single cooking. You need more flour, sugar, and the rest if requiring more muffins for big family. The recipe may use sugar powder to replace granulated form. Some people try to combine brown sugar, but make sure to have the proper portion. If you like bold sweet taste, the brown one is preferable. Moreover, salt will help to ease sweetness to deliver the balance flavor.
Another variant from this recipe is Ina garten blueberry coffee muffin. From its name, one ingredient will give different taste. The muffin uses coffee powder to crate distinct aroma. You will see its difference from the dough texture and appearance. Furthermore, the coffee gives dark brown contour, instead of golden one,
In addition, blueberry is the reason why this recipe called Ina garten blueberry muffins. As a matter of fact, you can go without this berry or replace with strawberry. Leon zest is also optional that’s replaceable. Make sure the butter is melted before adding into dry mixture. If you do not like buttermilk, try cream although the first one is better. Pour a little bit vegetable oil to help blending the dry and wet ingredients. Besides coffee and fruits, try Ina garten chocolate muffins to experience different flavor.
The preparation takes fifteen and twenty minutes for baking. It spends approximately forty minutes to serve this recipe from start until it’s ready to eat. You may sprinkle the sugar at top or add grape. Use zip plastic if want to store Ina garten blueberry muffins in fridge for the next serving.