Is making poached eggs in muffin tin possible? It seems a bit funny, but it actually works well. A muffin tin can substitute a pan. Making poached eggs by using this tool gives several advantages, especially if you are in hurry and need to make a lot of it. A muffin tin usually consists of several holes. Therefore, the process of making poached eggs can be faster.
Everybody knows that a poached egg matches meals in every situation. You can make many creations with it. It can be included on the menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Making poached eggs with a muffin pan is really easy. Here are some steps on how to make eggs in a muffin pan. Combined with potato hash, this poached egg will be perfect for breakfast.
Ingredients and Tools
- 6 eggs
- Black pepper
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoons of green onion, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ½ cup of green bell pepper, chopped into dice
- ½ cup of red bell pepper, chopped into dice
- 1 cup of red onion
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, diced
- 2 pounds of sweet potato
- Olive oil
- A muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Crack the eggs and put them in the cups of muffin tin.
- Sprinkle the pepper and salt on top of eggs.
- Put 1 tablespoon of water in every cup.
- Bake them for about 10 to 15 minutes in the oven.
- Take out the muffin tin and let the poached eggs in muffin tin for one minute.
- Scoop the eggs with a spoon and save them for later.
- Heat a pan in a medium heat.
- Put two tablespoons of olive oil and drop the red onions. Sauté them for about one minute.
- Drop the garlic and sauté it for one minute.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, ½ teaspoon of salt, and the sweet potatoes in the pan.
- Stir them until the potatoes become tender.
- Put the bell pepper and sauté the mixture for about two minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and add the smoked paprika to the pan. Mix them.
- Serve the potato hash in the serving plate.
- Add the muffin tin eggs to the plate and add green onions, salt, and black pepper as the finishing.
The results of the poached eggs in muffin tin recipe can be served for four portions. Since poaching the eggs is easy and fast, it can be done after the potato hash is ready. The duration in baking the eggs is various in lengths and depends on your preference. Bake it for 13 to 15 minutes if you like the cooked one. Meanwhile, if you prefer the runny yolks, bake it for 10 to 13 minutes.
Besides potato hash, the eggs also suit other dishes such as spaghetti carbonara, vegetarian tacos, Korean bibimbap, and niçoise salad. The eggs are perfect for any dishes, especially the poached ones. If you plan to have a breakfast together, then it is really recommended to make the poached eggs in muffin tin with potato hash.