Wolferman’s English muffins are known to be one of the best gourmet baked goods in the market. They have been accompanying breakfasts and elevating morning meal experience because of the delicious and homemade taste. Some people are enjoying them in traditional way: slapping butter and jam on top. However, you can actually get very creative with these hearty English-style muffins. Variety from the regular presentation is going to make your meal more entertaining. Here is a recipe to make mini strata with cheddar cheese and artichoke.
- 6 pieces Wolferman’s English muffins, sliced in halves
- 6.5 ounces jarred artichoke, drained from the brine and chopped finely. Save the juice for later cooking process
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, you can use another kind of hard cheese with sharp and sweet flavor
- 6 eggs in room temperature
- 8 pieces saltine crackers, finely crushed
- A bunch of parsley, chop until fine
- A bunch of green onion, chop until fine
- Hot sauce for a little bit of heat
- Butter, oil, or cooking spray
- Heat the pan over medium heat and pour in artichoke juice. Add parsley then sauté it for around two minutes until it goes a little soft.
- Whisks room temperature eggs until barely foamy.
- Add grated cheddar, green onions, chopped artichoke, crushed crackers, and hot sauce into the whisked eggs. Fold in those ingredients until they are incorporated well.
- Coat muffin tin in standard size with butter, oil, or cooking spray.
- Place halved Wolferman’s English muffins on each tin with the sliced part on top side.
- Pour in about a quarter cup of eggs and artichoke mixture to each tin.
- Bake the mini strata inside preheated oven at 350ºF (177ºC) for about 20 to 22 minutes. Take the strata out when the top side is bubbling.
- Let it cool down slowly in room temperature so the top is set.
- Once it has cooled down slightly, run a butter knife around each tin to take each piece out.
- This mini strata recipe will yield 12 servings.
Those flavors will pair well with the high quality Wolferman’s English muffins ingredients. This recipe takes less than an hour for prepping and cooking. It is perfect for breakfast time if you want savory meal.
You are recommended to use the original blend or sourdough based muffins for this particular recipe. There are many other flavor options you will find at Wolfermans store locations. Apple cinnamon, maple almond, and honey wheat are among the newer versions of English-style muffins that this bakery offers. You can use the new versions, but since they are already packed in distinctive flavors, that will compete with ingredients in this recipe.
This recipe is not only great for breakfast. If you are hosting a little cocktail or dinner party, you can prepare it to entertain the guests. It is quick and simple yet still very tasty and filling. Please try this Wolferman’s English muffins inspired recipe and get ready to be rewarded.