Then and now, there are times we crave to eat a branded food, such as Zatarain’s Jambalaya recipe. This brand was founded by Emile A. Zatarain Sr. Sir Emile started his company back in 1889 when he was experimenting with flavored food products. It was inside a small shop of his located in Uptown New Orleans. His early hit was a root beer, which then became his signature product along with his pickled vegetables and mustards. Today, his company has evolved into something more, which is an undisputed leader in terms of New Orleans-style foods. Sir Emile was a visionary in his time.
Zatarain’s food brand has produced plenty of New Orleans-style food products including Zatarain’s Jambalaya recipe. The New Orleans based company has made authentic New Orleans-inspired products for a century long, exactly more than 125 years. Zatarain’s food products have always been made by New Orleans citizens for New Orleans citizens in New Orleans. They have established themselves as the city’s culture itself, and they are defined by the city. Anyone can count on this delicious food brand to deliver fun and tasty flavor that came from New Orleans. Now, pay close attention and follow instructions carefully to begin.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 rib of coarsely chopped celery
- 1 medium coarsely chopped onion
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken thighs, make it cubed
- 2 cups of Andouille sausage, cubed
- 2 ½ cups of water
- 14 ½ ounces (1 can) of tomatoes, diced and drained
- 1 package of Zatarain’s Jambalaya Mix Original
- Prepare a Dutch oven or large deep skillet to heat olive oil, set to medium heat.
- Add in Andouille sausage, chopped onion, chicken thighs, and chopped celery. Cook them until chicken meat becomes light brown or stir for about 7 minutes long.
- Pour in tomatoes and water, stir them together. Then bring them to boil.
- Have rice mix added; mix it well, then return it to boil.
- Lower heat; cover it and let simmer for approximately 25 minutes. Can be until rice mix becomes tender, stir occasionally.
- Remove mixture from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fluff using fork before serving Zatarain’s Jambalaya recipe.
This recipe is the perfect one to feed families and party goers alike. It takes about 10 minutes of preparation time and 35 minutes of cook time so you can prepare it beforehand. Make sure to only purchase original Zatarain’s Jambalaya Mix for best result. Nutritional information for this recipe contains 318 Calories, 14g of Total Fat, 5g of Saturated Fat, 101mg of Cholesterol, 691mg of Sodium, 25g of Carbohydrate, 2g of Fiber, and 23g of Protein. With an ingredient from a brand like Zatarain’s, the taste is surely guaranteed to satisfy anyone eating it. Don’t forget to invite closest friends and families to let them have a taste of your cooking. To get more creative and daring, it’s always allowed to tweak and modify this Zatarain’s Jambalaya recipe to your preferred taste.