Everyone will be pleased with this Taco Bell Cinnabon Delights copycat recipe. This recipe is very simple, not to mention cheap as well. People can whip this up on weekday nights and have it on their snack platters in no time at all. There are definitely some shortcuts within this recipe but the trademark Cinnabon balls flavor will still be there.
- 1 package ready-to-bake cinnamon rolls of choice
- Cream cheese icing, usually a package of ready-to-bake cinnamon rolls is complimented with icing
- ¾ cup granulated or caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup white frosting of choice
- ¼ cup caramel sauce for topping, warmed until reaching pourable consistency
- Open the package of ready-to-bake cinnamon rolls and unroll each piece.
- Cut every unrolled cinnamon roll into three pieces in similar length. Shape each cut into a small ball with hands.
- Prepare two bowls. Pour melted butter into one bowl, and the mix of sugar and cinnamon powder into the other bowl.
- Dunk cinnamon balls in melted butter then roll them in sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Place cinnamon balls on baking tray that has been lined with parchment paper or silicon sheet. Give some space between each cinnamon ball.
- Bake inside a preheated oven at 350ºF (177ºF) for around ten minutes. Cinnamon balls should be golden brown and baked through.
- You can also deep-fry these cinnamon balls. Preheat flavorless oil (e.g.: peanut and vegetable oil) until reaching 350ºF (177ºF). Fry cinnamon balls for around three minutes or until golden brown. Be careful not to crowd the pan or oil temperature will drop.
- Let them cool at room temperature for around ten minutes or more.
- Heat up white frosting and cinnamon rolls icing over low heat (or microwave for ten seconds) to soften it for easier piping. Pour it into a piping bag attached with small tip.
- Push the tip and inject frosting into each baked cinnamon ball. It should puff up a little bit.
- Lightly drizzle caramel sauce over cinnamon balls for extra flavor.
- This Taco Bell Cinnabon Delights copycat recipe will yield around twenty four icing-filled cinnamon balls.
People gush over this Mexican food restaurant cinnamon balls. It is sweet, soft, with gooey cheesy inside that just screams delightful. In its store, the snack is considerably inexpensive. However, this Taco Bell Cinnabon Delights copycat recipe can make many cinnamon balls in even cheaper price. Cooking this recipe can be a fun family or friends’ activity. People can get their relatives involved during dough preparation.
Although this cinnamon balls recipe uses some shortcuts, people can use their own cinnamon rolls and icing recipes to improve the flavor. Ready-to-bake cinnamon rolls and packaged icings often contain preservatives and sweetener that make people feeling reserved about using them in cooking. There are definitely some other ways to further elevate flavor, such as replacing granulated sugar with brown sugar or grating little nutmeg onto the cinnamon sugar mix.
From working mother to college student, they can now enjoy these tasty balls in a blink of eye. Give this Taco Bell Cinnabon Delights copycat recipe a try!