To all of you vegetarians, what is better than Ruth Chris Broccoli Au Gratin Recipe? You will find a hard time finding the answer. For now, this broccoli recipe from Ruth Chris restaurant is the best in its class. Melted Swiss cheese and thick sauce will make anyone who ever tries it feel addicted and want to taste it again and over again.
But don’t worry as today we will try to make our own broccoli au gratin using copycat recipe from Ruth Chris. This recipe has similar taste and texture to the one in the restaurant, so it is worth a shot. The recipe will be displayed below.
- 3 lbs. of broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 teaspoon of melted butter
- 1/4 cup of flour, filtered
- 4 cups of milk
- 1/8 teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- 1 cup of grated Swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Put the pieces of sliced broccoli into a kettle and then boil it while gradually adds some salt, keep it heated for 3-4 minutes.
- Take broccoli out of the kettle and run it under ice cold water. Let it dry.
- Prepare a baking dish, and coat it with butter.
- Put the broccoli into the baking dish and let it rest at room temperature
- Heat the oven beforehand to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Put 3 tablespoons of butter along with the onion in a pan and cook in medium heat, stir accordingly until all of it becomes soft.
- Slowly pour in the flour while still stirring, cook in medium heat for 2-3 minutes
- Now, add together the milk and stir accordingly until the sauce is looking thick, and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add seasonings to the sauce according to your preferences.
- Put the broccoli on a plate then pour the sauce on top of the broccoli.
- Spread some grated cheese, and on top of it add some butter.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes or until the sauce is looking golden.
Keep an eye on the sauce of Ruth Chris Broccoli Au Gratin Recipe. Moreover, make sure don’t let it overexposed to the heat or else as the sauce will get burnt and ruin the taste of this cooking. Then, for broccoli, don’t overcook it, because the vitamin in it will be burned by the heat. Cook in medium heat for a short period of time to preserve the nutrient inside.
The main ingredient of Ruth Chris Broccoli Au Gratin Recipe is obviously a broccoli, making it the perfect choice for you who are bored with ordinary diet menu. It will bring a healthy innovation in your life. However do not forget to pay attention to the sugar intake in every serving of it. It is known that milk and cheese contain a rather high level of sugar.
It is easy to make your own broccoli au gratin recipe, isn’t it? You don’t have to bother yourself go to the restaurant just to get those famous broccoli au gratin. Well, just do it on your home and surprise the whole family. So, what are you waiting for? Save this recipe and make a healthy food for your family, an exquisite, homemade Ruth Chris Broccoli Au Gratin Recipe.