Rubio’s fish taco white sauce recipe is very famous in San Diego. It was Ralph Rubio, the co-founder of Rubio’s Restaurant, who made the recipe known to other people all across the states. It all started when he came to the best beaches in Mexico to surf, socialize, and enjoy the sun when he encountered his true love, the fish tacos. After several years go by, his family helped him in building his own restaurant specialized in serving the best fish tacos possible. Nowadays, people from all around the world are eager to come to his restaurant to taste his restaurant’s signature fish tacos. Fortunately, you don’t need to come to the restaurant to taste the food as you can make it yourself directly from your home. Here are the steps to make it.
Ingredients for Rubio’s Fish Taco White Sauce Recipe
- 12 corn tortillas
- 12 pieces of 1-1½ ounce of cod
Ingredients for Beer Batter
- 1 cup of beer
- 1 cup of flour
- Pepper (depends on use)
- Garlic powder (depends on use)
Ingredients for White Sauce
- ½ cup of yogurt
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
Ingredients for Salsa
- 6 ripe tomatoes, seeded, peeled, and diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced and peeled
- 2 stems removed and chopped cilantro leaves
- ½ minced onion
- 1½ teaspoons of salt
- 2 chopped and seeded jalapeno chilies
- Oil (depends on use)
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
Ingredients for Garnish
- 1 wedges-cut lime
- 1 shredded green cabbage (the head only)
How to Make Rubio’s Fish Taco White Sauce Recipe
- Mix together the flour and other spices such as black or red ground pepper and garlic powder.
- Stir it to the beer and mix well until it all blends together.
- Wash the fish by dipping it in cold water that contains lemon juice a little bit or cold water that is lightly salted. Before dipping the fish, make sure that it is completely dry.
- Once finished, prepare the salsa ingredients, then reserve it.
- Put the number of 375° F in a deep skillet after putting the vegetable oil.
- After that, put the fish in one layer. Make sure the pieces of the fish are completely separated from one another.
- Cook until the color of the fish turns golden brown or until the batter turn crispy.
- Heat lightly in a Mexican Comal or in a skillet the corn tortillas until it is hot and soft.
- For assembling, put white sauce, the fish, cabbage, and salsa on every tortilla layer.
- Complete it with a squeeze from the lime.
- To serve, fold over the tortilla.
- The food is ready to be eaten.
It only takes 40 minutes to make the food. Surely it is not that difficult to make. You can also serve up to 6 people in a single take. Really efficient, isn’t it? For better taste, you can eat it along with tortilla chips or Spanish rice. Depends on how you want to eat it, it can be served as a snack or a main dish. Rubio’s fish taco white sauce recipe is perfect to be eaten together with other family members.