Have you ever wonder how to make the best Portillos chopped salad recipe for lunch? There are so many recipes for chopped salad out there, but none of them can make one as delicious as this Portillos chopped salad. Well, this is how to make the salad.
- 3 cups of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups of iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 4 cups of pasta ( better use dilatini), cooked in salted water
- 4 cups of gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 cup of green onion, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 2 ½ cups of red cabbage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of oregano (dried)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic ( minced)
- ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup of olive oil
- Cook the pasta until it cooked well done. Do not forget to add salt in the boiling water for the taste (optional) and 1 tablespoon of cooking oil to prevent pasta get sticky. Drain and cool it for a while.
- Cook the bacon until crisp. Put it aside until cool. After that, crumble the bacon into pieces.
- Prepare a large salad bowl. Mix romaine, iceberg, and red lettuce in the bowl. Remember to chop the lettuces before you put in the bowl.
- Add diced tomatoes and sliced green onions into the bowl.
- After the pasta is cool already, put it in with gorgonzola cheese.
- Pour the dressing right before serving to prevent the salad get soggy.
- Prepare a blender
- Add vinegar, garlic, sugar, oregano, salt, and pepper in blender
- Use slow speed. When the machine runs slowly, pour olive oil little by little.
- Store in the refrigerator for about two weeks.
In order to make Portillos chopped salad recipe more efficient, you better prepare the dressing first. As a note, the dressing need more time to be ready. If you can make it before and store it in refrigerator, at the time you want to eat this chopped salad, the dressing is ready to be served.
In addition, this Portillos chopped salad recipe takes around thirty minutes to cook. It is perfect for you as urban people. With short time, healthy and delicious dish can be served in dining table. Not only it takes short time, this recipe can feed around 10 people. This is good ideas for party. The recipe can handle a lot of people in one cook. So, say no more to cook in long time and just for amount.
Well, hopefully you are helped with this recipe. Do not forget to eat healthy food. Remember, healthiness is more important than anything in this world. You need to put aside the idea that tells every healthy food is not delicious. There are so many recipes which can teach how to make delicious healthy menus. One of them with easy steps to follow is Portillos chopped salad recipe.