This is Peter Luger Steak Sauce Recipe, basically just an adaptation of the real one from the famous Peter Luger Steakhouse in Brooklyn, New York. It is undoubtedly one of the most wanted sauces in the world in order to be tasted by many tongues. Moreover, it is also the one that you will make over and over again for homemade steak. It just works as well with chicken or pork as it does with beef. The sauce that’s poured and brushed on a slow cooked brisket will make the dish completely melting inside the mouth. What a masterpiece it is.
There is a suggestion of making this sauce. Well, this must be kept for a few days to make the entire flavor united together in refrigerator temperature. This action is done to make the Peter Luger Steak Sauce Recipe more complex and deeper in finishing result. Please be sure to vent the blender lid appropriately as any steam may force the lid right off, giving you a mess on ceiling to clean. Keep everything prepared and sterilized from any kind of dirt or bacteria, especially the cooking equipment and ingredients. It will make the sauce have everlasting fresh and yummy in taste.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¼ cup of onion (minced)
- ¼ cup of dark brown sugar (packed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons of horseradish
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- ½ chipotle pepper (as needed)
- Prepare a small saucepan to heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, stir occasionally until it soft and translucent around 15 minutes.
- Do not heat it too long to prevent from browned in color.
- Stir in the brown, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and salt.
- Bring it to the simmer and add the tomato sauce. Simmer for one minute.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Add the horseradish and chipotle. Test and adjust the seasoning.
- Pour the mixture a blender that prepared before or any kind of food processor.
- Process it until smooth. Serve it and enjoy.
In addition, if you are looking forward to find a little spicy taste in sauce, just add chili peppers or chili slices to the mixture when blending it. Peter Luger Steak Sauce Recipe is applicable into many kinds of meat, for instance chicken, pork or fish. It can also be used in serving grilled meats, roasted meats or fried sausage, as long as the amount of ingredients is balanced.
Well, some people who have tried to make Peter Luger sauce comes true in their kitchen, added other ingredients inside this recipe, such as celery leaves and a little all-purpose flour with more salt to make the taste stronger and texture smoother. It totally based on your creativity and preference. Well at least, Peter Luger Steak Sauce Recipe gives the solution to make homemade steak tastes like the one in luxury steakhouse.