Paula Deen, the famous American celebrity chef who’s known for her cookbook recipes, has introduced her signature pastry, entitled Pecan Tassies Recipe Paula Deen. This recipe is considered easy to make, and you can never miss a thing with it. The pastry is highly suitable as a side dish, or as snack to accompany you while waiting for the main dish. With the mini sizes, you will never get enough of it.
Now, let’s make Pecan Tassies Recipe Paula Deen for 4 dozen servings using the recipes and instructions explained below.
- 1 package of refrigerated pie crusts (approximately 15 ounce)
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- 1 firm-pressed cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, slightly whisked
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of shredded pecans
- 1 package (around 10 ounce) of almond toffee chips
For the Crusts
- Prepare a flat-surfaced area and slightly spread some flour onto it.
- Put the chilled pie crusts onto the surface and make it into 2 circles with the diameter of 15 inch.
- By using a 1 ¾ inch cookie cutter, cut off 48 circles from both of the pie crusts.
- Prepare a muffin pan with the same size as the pie crusts and put them in it.
- Press the bottom of the crusts to make a cup-like form.
For the Filling
- Heat the oven beforehand to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix whisked eggs, flour, brown sugar, and melted butter into a large bowl until it form some sort of dough.
- Gradually add the vanilla while mixing it, make sure the extract spread evenly.
- Put the pecans and almond toffee chips onto it, mix it again.
- Scoops out the filling and distribute it evenly into the pie cups.
- Put it in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes. Pay attention to both the filling and the crusts. If the crusts turn brownish, lower the heat and take them out.
- Let it rest on room temperature.
There are the quick tips: if you are having trouble finding some almond toffee chips, you can make it on your own by mixing 200 grams of sugar, 59 ml of water, 250 ml of butter, and a tablespoon of almond nut in a pan. Cook it in medium heat until the mixture is darken and develop some smokes, then toss it over to the buttered cookie sheet.
Paula Deen is known for her fat-and-sugar-induced southern cooking. It is not going to be any different with this recipe. In a piece of Pecan Tassies Recipe Paula Deen, there are total 1472.9 carbs, 90 gram fat, 5.2 gram fiber, 13.6 gram protein, and 101.4 gram of sugar. Small but powerful, isn’t it? However, don’t let that information get in the way to taste the best pastries ever made by Paula Deen.
That’s it, the famous Southern cupcake with a typical modification of Paula Deen. Pecan Tassies Recipe Paula Deen is a great pastry to be served at your meetings, family gatherings, birthday parties, etc.