Mixing drinks when hosting parties is a must, that’s why learning Olive Garden Green Apple Moscato Sangria recipe will help. This refreshing wine cocktail mixture is loved by many, and is one of Olive Garden’s signature cocktails. It is a blend of pineapple juice, chilled Moscato, and Granny Smith green apple. Enjoying this recipe in summer days would be the perfect occasion, and the perfect refreshment. It is Sangria packed with a hint of citrus flavor and green apple, also lightly spiced. Sangria itself originated from Spanish, it is a drink consisting of red wine mixed with spices, lemonade, and fruit.
Olive Garden Green Apple Moscato Sangria recipe has both Moscato and Sangria in its blend. Moscato alone simply means sweet Italian dessert wine known for its fruity notes, it is related to Muscat. This wine is one of the oldest varieties of all wine, spanning over thousands of years. Made of Muscat grape, this white wine is commonly thought of as a dessert wine having a hint of fizz in it. It generally has considerably low alcohol content, with only about 5-7%. Meanwhile, most red wines have about 10-12% ABV alcohol content. So, ready to try mixing this wine cocktail?
- 2 Granny Smith green apples, cut to ¾” pieces, also cored
- 1 zest of orange, discarded in long strips using vegetable peeler
- ¾ cup of orange juice
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- ¾ cup of brandy
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of Cointreau or any orange liquor
- 1 bottle of 750ml Spanish red wine or 4oz of Peter Vella or Carlo Rossi Moscato Sangria
- 1 cup of club soda
- 1oz of pineapple juice
- Orange slices
- For Sangria base (make 1 day ahead):
- Prepare a large pitcher.
- Add in brandy, cinnamon sticks, orange juice and zest, sugar, lemon juice, Cointreau, and Granny Smith green apple puree to pitcher. Stir together.
- Let aside for about 1 hour at room temperature.
- For Green Apple Moscato Sangria:
- Soak Spanish red wine or Peter Vella or Carlo Rossi Moscato Sangria into previous Sangria base, stir to blend them.
- Pour Olive Garden Green Apple Moscato Sangria recipe over cubes of ice, use club soda to top it, decorate using orange slices.
For additional information needs, nutritional content for this recipe is as described. 1 serving of Green Apples Moscato Sangria contains 240g of Fat, 0g Saturated Fat, 0mg Cholesterol, 0g Carbohydrates, 24g of Dietary Fiber, 1g of sugar, 16g of Protein, and 0mg Sodium. Tweaking this recipe is possible due to various types of Moscato wine available. There are Pink Moscato and Red Moscato. As for Pink Moscato, it is divided into two more varieties which are Asti Spumante and Moscato d’Asti. For Red Moscato, two more varieties are Still Moscato (Moscatel or Muscat Blanc) and Dessert Moscato. Although reigning from Europe, Moscato can be grown in nearly any kinds of climate. For that, anyone can experience this Olive Garden Green Apple Moscato Sangria recipe.