Eating healthy foods are important for our body’s well-being, especially with a Green Bean Almondine recipe. It’s a fact that people rarely prefer vegetables and greens over meaty and greasy foods; they’re tempting and got a strong taste. We also tend to forgot that we need daily consumption of vegetables because we need the natural nutrition. Especially for children, if not taught the importance of eating vegetables, they might have a less healthy physic. It’s important to balance both green foods and high-calorie foods. Green beans, unlike leaf veggies, are easier to consume and more likeable. That’s why this recipe is effective for those who are not used to eating lots of vegetables.
Green Bean Almondine recipe tastes good served with baked fish, if preferred. This recipe alone is easier to make if adept in the browning of almonds and butter. A trick to mastering them is to extract them from the heat sooner than when they’re precisely brown enough. Sooner before almonds are finished, the butter will begin to produce charred, nutty fragrance. This recipe usually makes for about 4 to 6 servings and takes 45 minutes to be ready. Ingredients are also simple to find and buy as you won’t need lots of it.
- 1lb. of green beans or 2 packages of French-cut green beans, trimmed and washed
- 2 tablespoons of silvered almonds
- 2 tablespoons of butter or 2 tablespoons of margarine
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice or ½ lemons
- 2 garlic cloves
- Prepare boiled water. Before adding beans into it, make sure it’s in a rolling boil.
- Throw in beans into boiling water and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Drain beans with a colander; use a bowl of cold water to cool it in.
- After cooled, drain beans once more. Dismiss excess water from green beans.
- Prepare large sauté pan. Melt butter in it.
- Soon as it’s melted, add in the almonds.
- Set to low heat and cook them until modestly browned (takes about 3-4 minutes). Extract almonds.
- Add green beans and garlic cloves into the same pan.
- Let it be cooked until green beans are baked through.
- Add in more almonds and stir them.
- Turn off the heat, squash ½ lemons or pour lemon juice over top.
- Add in pepper and salt to taste. Green Bean Almondine recipe is now ready to be served!
Well, for additional information to those who’s curious of its nutritional information, it will be described. Per ¼ recipes of green beans almondine contains 222 Calories, 19g of Fat, 5g of Protein, 11g of Carbohydrate, 5g of Dietary Fiber, and 6g of Net Carbs. Meanwhile, per 1/6 recipes of Green Beans Almondine contains 148 Calories, 13g of Fat, 3g of Protein, 8g of Carbohydrate, 3g of Dietary Fiber, and 5g of Net Carbs. This Green Bean Almondine recipe is not just nutritious, but also delicious no wonder it’s widely loved by people, even children too.