Health is perhaps an individual’s most valuable asset, and you can try Gerson juice recipes as your shield. As we all know, there are various diseases threatening it. To overcome them, it is important to keep healthy diet since early age. Gerson diet is one of the most well-known diet regimes to follow nowadays. It is adopted by people who are suffering with chronic illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, and arthritis. People who are trying to watch their nutrition intake can also adopt this diet. It aims to naturally activate body’s healing process. One of the features in this diet regime is organic, raw juices consumption. There are some recipes; one of them is for its green juice.
- ½ to ¼ part organic dark green lettuce such as romaine, red and green leaf lettuce, and endives
- 1 organic green apple, Granny Smith works best for this recipe but if it is hard to come by then substitute it with other kind of tart apple (e.g.: Fuji, Baldwin, or Stayman). Do not substitute with sweet apples or non-organic apples.
- 2 or 3 leaves organic escarole
- 2 or 3 young organic inner leaves of beet tops
- 5 or 6 leaves organic watercress
- 2 or 3 leaves organic red cabbage
- ¼ part organic green bell pepper
- Small quantity of organic Swiss chard
- Wash fruit and vegetable from any sand or soil with clean water.
- Shake of the water and put it in a colander or food strainer to discard extra moisture.
- Cut off bottom part of stem on fibrous leaves (lettuce, escarole, watercress) and chop them into smaller pieces. This is done to avoid raising the pulp temperature so useful enzymes will not be deactivated.
- Grind fruit and vegetable with two-step grinder press and collect pulp in a bowl.
- Stir thoroughly but not excessively so the pulp will not oxidize.
- Put the pulp into two different juice cloths. Fold the cloths and place them in the press machine and press them slowly at the same time. Press until any liquid has been extracted from the pulp.
- Remaining pulp can be discarded once finished.
- Like other Gerson juice recipes, this green juice needs to be served immediately so its nutritious content remains fresh and can be easily absorbed by the body.
In this particular diet regime, people are expected to drink up to thirteen 8 ounces glasses of juice per day. That portion contains nutritional value that is comparable to nearly seventeen pounds of food a day. People who are suffering with degenerative diseases often have hard times digesting and absorbing nutrition, that is why this diet regime includes high juice consumption.
Like in other Gerson juice recipes such as carrot-apple and orange juice, this green juice are made with all organic ingredients. It is because pesticide and herbicide found in non-organic food may bring harm to the body. It is also not recommended to add other fruit and vegetable that is not a part of the recipe to it since every single ingredient serves certain purpose within the recipe.
The institute suggests using two-step grinder press juicer to make their recipes as it is found to maintain the most nutrients. Well, health is very crucial to our lives. Try Gerson juice recipes to get as many nutrients as possible into your bodily system.