Korean fried chicken recipe BonChon is one of the most wanted recipes since BonChon itself is a very popular. Yes, it is Korean franchise restaurant in America and some parts of Asia. The franchise began in 2002 in South Korea. Since there are many popular things about Korea, the food itself is also worth to try. BonChon is a Korean word for “my home town”. This restaurant wants the people coming to the restaurant to taste the real and authentic Korean dishes as they come this country by themselves.
BonChon fried chicken steak is one of the best dishes in this restaurant. Since there are some people want to eat this food without hesitate of coming to the restaurant, this is the best Korean fried chicken recipe BonChon that you can easily do for home-made dish. You don’t have to spend much time on cooking the dish because it only needs 20 minutes. This recipe is suitable for 2 or 3 people, so it is wonderful for a romantic dinner.
- 6 chicken fillets, best to use the thigh chicken
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tablespoon Korean fish sauce or just an ordinary one
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice from a lemon
- a tablespoon of honey as glaze
- a teaspoon of ginger, grated before use
- 4 tablespoons of Korean spicy paste, called as gochujang
- cooking oil for frying
- Prepare glaze ingredients first. Mix fish sauce, Korean spicy sauce, grated ginger, honey, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Mix them well and set aside.
- Put some seasoning on the chicken thighs using salt and pepper. You can slice the thighs into ¼ inch, but this is optional. Wait some times until the seasonings get inside the thighs.
- Put the rice flour in a cooking bowl. Cover the chicken thighs with the rice flour. Put them aside.
- Make a paste by using the remaining rice flour by adding water into it.
- Place the cooking oil in your pan. Medium heat is best.
- Dip the thighs in the previous paste and fry them shortly. Let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the second fry. Heat the oil to high. Fry the chicken fillets until they become golden. Drain them well using tissues or just put them on the rack.
- Glaze the fried chicken. Let the glaze being absorbed by the chicken.
- The dish from Korean fried chicken recipe BonChon is ready to serve.
Don’t forget to serve the dish as soon as possible whenever you have finished cooking. It is better to let your beloved one sit on the chair to wait for your cooking. You can mix the fried chicken with rice or with French fries as well. However, rice is the best partner for this dish. You can complete the dinner by having Korean drinks as well. All in all, this is the best Korean fried chicken recipe BonChon that you can try at home to bring Korean atmosphere.