Demos Restaurant is famous for its Demos chicken and rice soup recipe. The restaurant goes back more than 70 years to create the tastiest food possible for human kind. Technically speaking, long before the current Demos Restaurant was built, a small restaurant in Birmingham, Alabama, was already owned by the Demos family. It was Jim Demos, aged 9 then, who started working with his father, Pete Demos, in their small restaurant. Originally migrated from Greece, the Demos family understood how important it was to create exceptional foods using authentic ingredients served at an appropriate price.
Since then, the Demos family has been trying to make high quality foods with memorable taste which make people want to come back to their restaurant again. They have been collecting and developing many kinds of recipes found from their own internal family and from many parts of the world as well. 75 years later, after the family restaurant grew bigger, it becomes everyone’s favorite restaurant. As we all are living in a postmodern world, now you can make your own homemade Demos chicken and rice soup recipe directly from your kitchen. Here’s what you need to prepare.
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 cups of shredded cooked chicken
- 24-oz of chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of mixed Italian salad dressing
- 1/8 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of white wine
- 2 cups of cooked long-grain rice
- Melt butter in a large stew pot over medium heat.
- Mix the melted butter with flour.
- Stir until it becomes smooth.
- Add chicken broth slowly.
- Stir continuously until there are no lumps left.
- Add salt, shredded chicken, garlic powder, pepper, and mixed Italian salad dressing.
- Boil the mixture.
- Reduce the heat and wait for approximately 12 minutes to simmer.
- Add lemon juice, milk, parsley, and white wine.
- Reduce to low heat.
- Cover it using the lid after adding cooked rice to the mixture.
- Wait for the rice to be cooked.
- The food is ready to be eaten.
The secret to make the tastiest food lies in the authentic ingredients, according to the Demos family. Nevertheless, for the main ingredient of Demos chicken and rice soup recipe; any kind of shredded chicken will do. Whether it is grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken, as long as you follow the directions correctly, you can master the recipe. No need to own a restaurant as your family background. Everyone can try and make their Demos-like food using the knowledge he/she possesses in order to create the tastiest food possible.
Special for the Demos family themselves, they possess certain knowledge in creating their own signature taste through their long journey in finding the perfect and authentic ingredients from all over the world. After all, the Demos legacy is still followed by the several restaurants spread across the states. Maintaining its Demos chicken and rice soup recipe is one of its legacies from its predecessor.