There is something about classic food recipes that makes you back for more, such as the Cheddars spinach dip recipe, either it is addictive or how simple the ingredients and preparation are. It is very easy to prepare and one of the crowd pleaser if you ever have one. Below is an easy recipe with a little bit of twist. The dip can be prepared in advance, either frozen or refrigerated.
- 10 oz frozen spinach/ fresh spinach (thawed, rinsed and drained)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 8 1/2 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp onion (minced)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch paprika powder
- French bread (for dipping)
- Tortilla Chips (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 350o F.
- Mix thoroughly your choice of sour cream and cream cheese until it has a smooth consistency. Use a large bowl for better result.
- Add your spinach, Cheddar cheese, Monterrey jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, onion, garlic powder first and stir well.
- Next, add the black pepper, salt and paprika powder then mix thoroughly.
- Bake the spinach dip approximately 10 minutes in the oven and until it is bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve your spinach dip with French bread and Tortilla chips.
Furthermore, for the best quality and taste for Cheddars spinach dip recipe, use fresh spinach as the main ingredients. As you know, fresh spinach has a better crunch for the dip than the frozen one. The trick to maintain the crisps in the spinach is to dry the water out.
Based on the instructions above, Cheddars spinach dip recipe is easy and simple to make, right? Therefore, it is very common that many people add more ingredients or even reduce some ingredients. For more tasteful but not that organic mix, you can add 1 teaspoon of chicken broth or chicken powder. If you use chicken broth for the dip, you need to bake the spinach dip 5 minutes longer than the original instructions. The purpose of chicken broth is to have a more savory taste in the dip and create a whole variety of flavor. In case chicken broth is too troublesome, then you can switch it with the powder one.
In addition, another ingredient you can add is meat. It is a better meat to put in a dip other than bacon. Well, bacon is a flexible ingredient. You can fry or bake it. Chop it on top of the dip or mix it with other ingredients. For the assortments, a healthier choice is to replace French bread and Tortilla chips with any vegetables, such as cucumber, celery, potatoes, or carrot. Make it as you want according to your preference. Well, since the Cheddars spinach dip recipe has high calories due to the mix of cream, cheese and usually a flour-based assortment, you can cut the calories and change it with vegetables.