Peninsula grill coconut cake recipe is a cake recipe that uses coconut as the main ingredient. In tropical countries, coconut cannot be separated from daily meals. In some regions in the world, it even becomes the main ingredient to make many kinds of foods, such as traditional snacks, cakes, soups, or oil products. It is undeniable that almost every part of coconut is useful for humans. Therefore, it is a good idea to make a dish from this ingredient.
The cake is actually made by Chef Robert Carter. Peninsula grill coconut cake is one of several desserts that people cannot refuse to eat. Well, this Peninsula grill coconut cake recipe is prepared for those who want to make the best dessert in their kitchen. Everyone could make this dish at home and enjoy the taste of Peninsula Grill Romantic Restaurant directly. In order to make the cake, you need to pay attention carefully on the recipe below.
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 7 cups of heavy cream
- 2 cups of coconut (shredded)
- 1 ½ tablespoons extract of vanilla
- 4 ½ cups of flour
- 1 pound butter
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons of baking powder
Ingredients for Frosting and Filling:
- 2 teaspoons extract of vanilla
- 7 cups sugar powder
- ½ pound cream cheese
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 9 cups coconut (Shredded)
- 3 small cups water
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- The oven needs to be heated at least to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a paddled mixer, mix the butter and sugar. Add the eggs until the color is lighter.
- Spread the coconut in a pan, and bake it for 10 minutes until browned. In the medium bowl, combine coconut oil, vanilla, and heavy cream.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt, and baking powder then stir with the mixture of cream.
- Bake the mixture for 60 minutes.
- In a paddled mixer, mix the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light in color. Add vanilla extract until incorporated to create the frosting.
- For the filling, mix the remaining butter, sugar, and cream, and put them into the mixture of water and cornstarch to be simmered.
- Cut the cake’s browned layers and place the prepared filling into a paddled mixer. Mix at medium until the filling is creamy to spread.
- After that, apply the frosting and toasted coconut all around the cake.
So, could Peninsula grill coconut cake recipe that applied above be followed? It is actually easy as long as you pay attention carefully to the directions. When making a cake, make sure you follow every single step correctly. It’s a little bit different with another dish.
Actually, we can make some additions in the ingredients. For example, just add maple syrup or honey when serving. In addition, it might be good if you like to add more cream cheese, vanilla extract or coconut to make the Peninsula grill coconut cake recipe stronger in taste.