It’s important to eat something meaty for our energy, for that there is a Beef Giniling recipe. Beef Giniling originated from the Philippines. It’s not only made of just beef meat, but can also be made with pork meat and chicken. The word Giniling itself means ground meat in Tagalog (Philippines language). In Philippine cuisine, Giniling is made of ground meat complete with carrots, peas, bell peppers, diced potatoes, and raisins. Those are then simmered in tomato sauce, added with a little bit of soy sauce, seasonings, and water. The menu is usually cooked until most liquid dries up. It is best served with boiled, warm rice.
For this basic Beef Giniling recipe, it will take about 15 minutes of preparation and 30 minutes of cooking time. Yields are about 6 servings. Numerous ingredients will be needed, make sure to write them down carefully in case you forgot what to buy in the grocery store. There will also be 5 cooking utensils needed to prepare the Beef Giniling.
Required Cooking Utensils:
- Cooking spoon
- Cutting board
- Prep Bowl
- Cooking pan/Deep skillet
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced also
- 1 cup of water
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- ¼ cup of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper
Below will be the preparation instruction for the Beef Giniling recipe, follow carefully:
- Soak cubed carrots and potatoes into a cup of water, set aside.
- Use a skillet to brown beef, set it to high heat until most oil comes out and beef meat no longer pink.
- Put away the excess oil, leave about 2 tablespoon of it for sautéing.
- Add in onions and garlic, cook for around 5 minutes (until onions become translucent and garlic slightly turns to brown).
- Throw in soaked carrots and potatoes, remove water. Sauté for exactly 1 minute.
- Add both bell peppers, mix them.
- Put soy sauce in
- Add in salt, pepper, and tomato sauce, mix all of them.
- Cover and simmer skillet on medium heat for approximately 15 minutes, stir 3 times each 5-minutes interval. Do so until carrots and potatoes’ liquid evaporated and cooked.
- If on a diet, eat plain to cut on carbohydrates. If not, serve with warm, boiled rice.
Was it complicated to prepare? How did you do with it? Remember the importance of choosing fresh and high quality ingredients to guarantee your cooking’s taste. Serve this for your friends or family alike and they will definitely love it! Also, be sure to always follow instructions carefully if unfamiliar with the food to avoid unwanted accidents in the kitchen. Don’t forget to clean cooking utensils first before using them to cook to ensure hygiene and food quality. Tweak the Beef Giniling recipe as you see fit according to your taste.