It’s very crucial to eat healthy foods for our body, that’s why a Seafood Jambalaya Recipe is important to know. Any seafood generally contains lots of nutrition compared to regular meats, thus making it a healthier alternative to eat. Although seafood is more prone to cause allergies, if you don’t happen to be allergic, then you should try it! The seafood jambalaya is known to come in various kinds depending on the cook’s preference. Other than a regular seafood jambalaya, there’s also the mixed seafood jambalaya kind where it’s mixed with more than just one key ingredient. A single portion of a regular seafood jambalaya has about 8 servings. The menu usually takes 5 minutes of preparation and 50 minutes to cook. Have your grocery list ready because you’ll need a lot of ingredients to prepare.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 pound of Andouille sausage, cut
- 1 large bell pepper of any color, cut in large cubes
- 1 large onion, cut in large cubes
- 3 ribs celery, also cut in large cubes
- 1 small head garlic, minced and peeled
- Creole seafood seasoning
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, or to liking
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped, peeled, seeded, and cored
- 1 pound of peeled medium shrimp
- ½ pound of diced fish fillets (preferred catfish, redfish, bass, trout, and bluefish for best result)
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups of rinsed long-grain rice (rinse about 3 times)
- 6 cups of water
- 1 pint of shucked oysters with the liquor
- 2 bunches of green onions, sliced thinly
- ¼ teaspoon of hot sauce, or to liking
- 4 cups of Cavatappi pasta (only if you prefer seafood jambalaya pasta)
- To begin the seafood jambalaya recipe, have the butter and sausage combined.
- Then, put it in a heavy-gauge pot or Dutch oven set to high heat. For about 6 minutes, sauté, while occasionally stirring it.
- Have the garlic, bell pepper, celery, and onion added, season using the Creole seasoning, black pepper and salt.
- Sauté the previous mixture for 8 minutes, still set to high heat.
- Add bay leaves, tomatoes, shrimp, and fish. Stir them.
- Add rice into the mixture, gently stir it. Then have the water added.
- Make sure the rice doesn’t stick by moving the spoon gently across the pot’s bottom.
- Boil it, have the heat reduced, wrap, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, have the oysters folded in, wrap, and let for 8 minutes.
- Use a serving bowl to transfer it and mix the green onions, then serve. Top it with hot sauce.
You can modify the said recipe with the seafood jambalaya soup kind if you want to eat something fresh and soupy on a cold day. So, how did you do with the recipe? Was it difficult to prepare? Remember to always pick ingredients only with the best quality and freshness to ensure your cooking’s taste. After learning the Seafood Jambalaya Recipe, you now have more options and variations of menus to cook.