If you are the fan of seafood or probably American food, you definitely should try the recipe for Seafood Gumbo. This kind of gravy food is quite simple and extremely delicious. Gumbo is categorized as a traditional and special food from Louisiana since 18th century. It can be made from your own kitchen simply and easily. If you want to try the best one like you find in restaurant, just let’s check this Louisiana Seafood Gumbo recipe straight away.
- 2 cups green paper, chopped
- 4 cups onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth, boiled
- 1 cup ordinary or canola (if there’s any) oil, combined smoothly
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, poured
- 8 cups water, boiled
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 cup flour, combined smoothly
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 4 cups okra, slice
- 2 teaspoons oregano, poured
- 2 tablespoons Cajun or other seasonings, poured
- 6 cups seafood according to your taste, washed and drained
- 2 tablespoons paprika, poured
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons salt, poured
- Preheat the heavy Ducth oven.
- Combine the flour and oil smoothly.
- Put in in the oven and cook in the medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Stir it persistently for about 10 minutes until the texture becomes reddish-brown.
- Pour the celery, green onions, onion, as well as the green pepper. Stir them again for about 5 more minutes
- Afterward, mix the water, paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, and chicken broth.
- Boil it for 10 minutes long.
- Put in seafood along with the parsley.
- Simmer it for about 5 minutes of more until it is ready.
- Then, turn off the heat.
- Stir the seafood in Cajun or any other seasoning.
- The Gumbo is ready to be served
As suggestion, to obtain the best or juicy seafood sausage gumbo, it is advisable to use Cajun rather than another seasoning. However, considering the seasoning itself is quite difficult to be found in any other regions except Louisiana. Moreover, the spicy seasoning can be used as substitution of the Cajun in this recipe for Seafood Gumbo. Moreover, stirring the food persistently also contributes to the juicy sausage of this food.
Even though this menu is renowned from America, especially Louisiana, there is also the other version of Gumbo recipe. It is called Southern Seafood Gumbo. Unlike with the one from America, Southern Seafood Gumbo recipe uses or includes rice to the ingredients. The average rice that’s used in this version is approximately 2 until 3 cups. Moreover, this food also uses catfish as the main dish besides the seafood itself.
However, these two kinds of Gumbo are overall the same. It basically just differs on the use of rice and other additional ingredients. This dish is totally perfect to be cooked and served from your own kitchen. The juicy texture is pretty delicious and the way to cook is also pretty easy. This recipe for Seafood Gumbo is absolutely a perfect choice for your cooking.