Maryland is famous for its crab cake recipes, especially crab cake recipe panko. The city is located in the middle of Atlantic Ocean, well, not literally, as it is considered as one of the states which has abundant coastlines as well as waterways. Baltimore, its largest city, is a major seaport with a long historical background. It is also a birthplace of the United States’ national anthem, particularly in Fort McHenry. But did you know that the city is also considered as a place where the best crab cake recipe in the world comes from? Here is the crab cake recipe best served with tartar sauce.
Ingredients for Crab Cakes
- ¼ cup of finely chopped scallion
- 1 lb proper crabmeat
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons of dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of sweet pickle, relished
Ingredients for the Tartar Sauce
- ½ cups of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. creole mustard
- 2 tablespoons of drained capers
- ¼ teaspoon of Tabasco sauce
- ¼ tsp. cajun creole mustard
- Place scallions, crabmeat, and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Stir very lightly.
- Mix mustards, mayonnaise, seasonings, lemon juice, and egg in a small bowl; whip until smooth together.
- Pour the latter into the former then fold together lightly.
- Shape into approximately 20 cakes, with a diameter around 2 ½ inches, gently. Cover it then put it in the refrigerator for about 30-60 minutes.
- While waiting for the cakes, mix all ingredients in a bowl to make the tartar sauce; put into the refrigerator after covering it and wait until it is ready to be used.
- After the cakes are ready, prepare to cook it by putting butter and oil in a skillet; heat it over medium heat then add the cakes after you see small bubbles.
- Cook per side for about 2-3 minutes until the color turns golden brown.
- When the cakes are finished, serve it with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.
- The crab cake recipe panko with tartar sauce is ready to serve.
The crab cakes with bread crumbs recipe is easy to make. It only takes an hour at most. In a single take, it can serve 6-8 people. This mini crab cake appetizer recipe provides approximately 20 tasty small crab cakes. It can be made even if you are not a native Baltimore. It is best to eat immediately after the cakes are ready, to maintain the fresh and delicious flavor. In addition, this recipe can be used when throwing a party or another kind of event for a relatively small group of people. You can always be creative with the cake. After all, the crab cake recipe panko will make your mouth water due to its enchanting looks and aroma; just make the most delicious crab cake ever!