If you are looking to make something sweet with a hint of savory, it is best to learn the French Toast Strata recipe. Add another recipe into your personal cookbook after reading this. Well, this French toast is usually favored for brunch, especially on a New Year’s Day. The key ingredient needed for this recipe is definitely bread. Any kind of bread can be used to start making this toast. Aside from a classic French Toast Strata, there are many ways to serve it. You can also make French toast strata with raspberries if you prefer it that way. You won’t need to prepare too many ingredients for this recipe, so make sure you have it all carefully noted. It will take around 55 minutes for the toast to be ready. One whole French toast strata can be served for around 6-8 slices. Here are the ingredients needed and the serving directions.
- 12 cups of bread, cubed
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, also cubed
- 8 eggs, mixed
- 2 ½ cup of milk, combined
- 6 tablespoons of margarine/butter, melted
- ¼ cup of maple syrup, poured
- Grease about 3 quarter of baking dish in a rectangular shape.
- To make good French toast strata with cream cheese, half the above bread cubes have to be placed in the dish. Then use the cream cheese to top it.
- After topping it, put all the bread cubes left along in the dish.
- Prepare a mixing bowl or a blender.
- Combine the mixed eggs, milk, maple syrup, and the melted margarine/butter into the blender/mixing bowl.
- Beat the combined mixture with a rotary egg beater. Process until the mixture is well-mixed.
- Pour the mixture on top of the cheese cubes and bread, spread evenly.
- Use a spatula to press layers lightly to moisten the mixture.
- Wrap it with a plastic wrap then refrigerate it for an estimation of 2~24 hours.
- After removing the wrap, bake it in the oven for about 35-40 minutes. Set the oven to 325 degrees.
- Let around 10 minutes before served.
- Lastly, serve it by pouring maple syrup.
The serving directions might not be simple and short, but the taste will be worth the effort. After learning this French toast strata recipe, you can actually modify them to your own liking. For example, if you don’t prefer using a maple syrup, you can make French toast strata with apple cider syrup instead. Choosing quality ingredients are definitely important to ensure its freshness and taste.
Well, it’s a simple menu to serve, but enough to satisfy your brunch. With a cream cheese, sweet fruity syrup, and the possibility to add raspberries and such, it will be a delicious treat to date. Impress your dearest ones and treat their stomach a tasty brunch. Don’t forget to always be careful with all the preparations and cook safely. So, what are you waiting for? Use your French toast strata recipe knowledge to better your cooking ability!