Let’s check the homemade Dennys French toast recipe to try at home. Well, eating regular breakfast food like scrambled eggs, pancakes, oatmeal, and bacon can get boring after a while. However, some people may not be excited at the prospect of cooking elaborate meal. A simple solution to that is French toast. Over the years, Denny’s French toast review is always favorable. People gush over Denny’s delicious and very filling French toast. With this recipe, you can enjoy that experience at home.
- 6 slices Texas toast or other kind of thick sliced bread
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup flour, sifted
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter for cooking
- Toppings of your choice, like powdered sugar, maple syrup, extra butter, or even fruits
- Combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon until the mixture is blended well.
- Preheat a wide skillet or griddle.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter when the skillet is heated. Turn down the heat if butter gets smoky.
- Dunk bread slice into the mixture, around 30 seconds for each side.
- Hang it in the air for a few seconds to let excess mixture dripping off then place it on the skillet.
- Cook each side of the bread for around 2 minutes until it is golden brown.
- Add more butter if needed to finish cooking.
- Serve French toast on plate with your favorite toppings.
This Dennys French toast recipe can serve up to 6 people. The amount of Denny’s French toast calories per serving is 264.3, a little bit more than 10% of recommended daily calorie intake. However, if you are worried about it, you can always alter the recipe according to your own taste. Just choose low-card bread to use in this recipe. Reduce the amount of sugar or use other sugar substitutes like honey, stevia, or organic maple syrup. You can also replace butter with vegetable or pure coconut oil. For topping, try to avoid the sweet ones and opt for fruits or seeds.
If you are not in the mood for cooking, you can always visit Denny’s locations all over the United States. Denny’s French toast menu is quiet varied. There is French Toast Slam; you will get two slices of toasts served with two eggs, bacon strips, and sausage links. There is a value menu as well; named French Toast Slugger which serves a slice of toast sprinkled with powder sugar together with eggs, bacon, and sausage links. The menu includes coffee and juice. Both menus contain more than 1,000 calories per serving. Denny’s offer lower calories French toast menu too, called 55+ French Toast Slam. It pairs a slice of toast with an egg, two strips of bacon, and two sausage links.
Although you can always get the French toast at various locations, cooking it yourself is very great. You can always adjust the ingredients and cooking method to your preference. It does not take too long, only around 22 minutes. Try this Dennys French toast recipe sometime!