If you crave for a simple and light yet somewhat filling meal sometimes, then you can try Phillips crab cake recipe. Making Phillips crab meat recipes will certainly fulfill that craving. This particular menu is originated from Baltimore, Maryland. Flavored with classic seasoning, the dish is served best with cold beer. It gives you a little taste of the ocean that’s just perfect for any occasion. Here are the list of ingredients and cooking instructions for 2 serving portions. Just check the details below.
- 1 8-ounces pack Phillips crab meat (can be Jumbo Lump, Lump, Claw, or Special)
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon Phillips Seafood Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoon butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon parsley flakes
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs or crackers, finely crumbled
- Mix all the ingredients (excluding crab meat) in a large bowl thoroughly.
- Add the crab meat and blend it gently with the mixture. Be careful not to disintegrate the meat lumps during process.
- Form the batter into shape and size that you long for. Make sure that the cakes are in similar size so they cook evenly.
- If you want to pan-fry the cakes, prepare a pan with shallow oil. Fry crab cakes on each side on medium heat for several minutes until they are golden brown.
- If you want to bake the cakes, preheat the oven at 375ºF (190ºC). Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the cakes are golden brown and reach internal temperature of 165ºF (74ºC).
Well, you can always get creative with this Phillips crab cake recipe. People who are unable to find Phillips crab meat or seafood seasoning around their area can use alternative ingredients like Blue Crab for the crab meat and Old Bay for the seasoning. To get an extra spice kick, you can also add minced garlic, onion, cilantro, or even hot sauce. Some people suggested serving the crab cakes with sauce. Just mix ketchup, mayo, vinegar, Old Bay seasoning or create other creative concoctions to accompany the delicious cakes.
When you don’t want to cook Phillips crab cakes, where to buy it? For your information, Phillips has established their restaurants in six different locations, like Baltimore, Ocean City, and Atlantic City. Phillips restaurants serve people Maryland-style seafood specialties including its infamous crab cakes. However, people who live away from East Cost do not need to worry about being unable to enjoy the authentic crab cakes.
Phillips crab cakes frozen products have been released to allow people who are unable to visit Phillips restaurants to get authentic taste of its crab cakes. Phillips offers five different variations. There are Maryland Style Crab Cakes and its smaller version, Crab & Shrimp, Boardwalk, and Coastal. Each variation has the distinctive flavor to satisfy everyone. Even if there are alternatives to get this crab cake, cooking it yourself is definitely worth the effort. Moreover, it will always be a fun thing to do at home. Try this Phillips crab cake recipe once in a while!